MAYBE HE/SHE ACTUALLY LISTENED, and had a little pity!
Interesting scene my last two visits to the wound healing specialist:
- They cut the compression wrap from my leg and ankle to reveal…YUK!..VERY WRINKLED COMPRESSED SKIN! Well, of course it was!? What did I expect after being compressed and wrapped for a week?
- Then the medical professionals carefully washed and disinfected the area…OW again that really stung…like cleaning any open cut
- NOW THE FUN PART: There is a procedure called “debridement” which involves remove of a small amount of necrotic tissue using, in my case, a small curette…Think digging into an open would! OW! This is supposed to speed the healing, but hurts
- Sunday I was feeling so much better I tried for a normal morning for me:
- Walked the dogs for an hour, Sprayed the roses and other bushes w/anti-fungal
- Went to our side yards and worked on this crazy weed trying to take over
- Did normal laundry stuff for weekends
- Went grocery shopping…
Monday my ankle and leg were COMPLAINING for the abuse…but different. Both shins felt as if they were on fire, but the one that had been treated was much worse for the mistreatment…Thank the PTB (Powers That Be) some extra rest last night and early AM has made it better!
Next I will let you know about week three progress! Keep me in your good thoughts! This is interfering with my (and OUR) lifestyle!
HEAL 2…RIGHT NOW I’VE GOT TO GET MY LEG HIGHER THAN MY HEART. Again! It really does seem to help.
“Pain is a pesky part of being human, I've learned it feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish we could all do without, in our lives here. Pain is a sudden hurt that can't be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air! We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces.”
― C. JoyBell C.
Linda Cook BS,CFT 937-3697363 CELL 937-748-9905 OFFICE LINDA@BAERFIT.COM